MANAGER LAND DEVELOPMENT
With over 28 years’ experience in property, he has both managed a growing business and led large scale projects with a focus on urban growth and project management in Perth and regional Western Australia.
Rod is an experienced town planner and development manager. He has overseen projects ranging from neighbourhood shopping centre project coordination to multi-stage master-planned community development. Rod has handled all areas of strategic and statutory town planning and urban design.
He has a passion for and has worked on significant land development projects with some of the development industry’s leading companies. Rod’s work often involves the management of large multi-disciplinary teams on complex profile projects where leadership and strategic client guidance is required. He has a strong understanding of the commercial realities in delivering projects and he works to achieve practical outcomes.
Specialties: Strong record in master planned community design and estate development together with statutory planning. Established track record of project coordination, due diligence and feasibility work.
- Taylor Private Estate, Caversham – A master planned community of 800 plus homesites, community facilities, shopping centre and planned apartments. Project identification, rezoning, structure plan and subdivision/development approvals, together with built form, public art delivery, marketing, and day to day project management.
- Springtime in Haynes (central precinct) – Structure planning and subdivision approvals pursuant to meet Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA) requirements residential land development of some 200 lots held by Australian Real Equity (ARE).. Worked with the client and agencies to address heritage, as well as critical site contamination and water management issues.
- Boronia Gardens Lifestyle Village – Rezoning, approvals, construction management & leasing.
- Pilbara’s Port City Growth Plan – Strategic growth strategy for the expansion of Port and South Hedland. Led multi-disciplinary team through community engagement, visioning, design and documentation to implementation and staging. Adopted by the WA Planning Commission as the Town’s Local Planning Strategy.
- Caversham Village Shopping Centre – Development approval, construction management, leasing (Coles & specialty stores) and sale coordination – $27M.
- Mixed Use Apartments, Caversham Village – Development approval for mixed use 95 apartment and commercial tenancies.
- Nido Early School, Caversham – Design and development approval, construction management and sale coordination to operator of 90 child capacity centre.
- Lord Street Extension, Caversham – project management of road design and construction south of Reid Highway for the City of Swan
- ‘The Playground’ – Coolbellup School Sites Urban Renewal – Consulted to Lend Lease Communities (LLC) to develop a successful bid for this LandCorp Partnering project. The project won LLC their first project in Western Australia. Town planning, built form design and community engagement across three school sites. Won the 2016 UDIA Award for Excellence in Urban Renewal.
- Oakford Grove – Project identification, design, subdivision and project management of rural-residential estate yielding 60 lots.
- ‘Pretty Pool’’, Port Hedland – Structure planning, design and coordination for coastal residential land estate. Won two WA Coastal Planning Excellence Awards for handling of and responsiveness to nearby endangered Flatback Turtle nesting environs.
- Hedland Junction Industrial Estate – Structure planning, subdivision and design guidelines for Pilbara industrial estate.
- Exmouth Marina Village, Exmouth – Worked with two client groups to deliver the Exmouth canal estate and the adjoining mixed-use precinct to reflect canal design, flood mitigation and cyclone construction influences.
- Roselea Estate, Stirling – Structure Planning, design, subdivision and development approvals (units and lakeside terraces) yielding 1200 lots.
- Atwell Waters, Atwell – Structure Plan, subdivision yielding 250 lots and winner UDIA
- St Michel Estate, Rockingham – Structure Plan, subdivision yielding 1500 lots
- Palm Beach Estate – Structure Planning, design (included pioneering early laneway designs) and subdivision 250 lots.
- Beechboro Land Scheme – Structure Planning, subdivision yielding 1300 lots.
- Perth Bicycle Network Plan – formulation, route design, inspection and documentation of the Perth Bicycle Network Plan to facilitate subsequent funding and delivery.
- Kingston Estate, Australind – Structure Planning, subdivision yielding 1500 lots.
- Business Management Short course – Curtin University Business School (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (Urban and Regional Planning) Curtin University (1992)
- Bachelor of Arts Geography and Urban Anthropology UWA (1990)
- Member of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Member of the American Planning Association (APA)
- Member of the Institute of Project Management (AIPM)