PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT (LOCAL PLANNING SCHEMES) REGULATIONS 2015
The State Government is seeking comment on a number of proposed changes to the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015. The changes include:
- broadening the range of exemptions from planning approval for small projects and “change of use” applications involving retail, commercial and industrial uses;
- regulating consultation and advertising requirements to ensure consistent practices across all local government areas;
- streamlining referral processes for development applications and regulating the manner in which requests for additional information can be made by decision-makers;
- introducing requirements for the provision of car parking for non-residential development; and
- consolidating the type and nature of structure plans; regulating consultation and advertising requirements; and clarifying provisions relating to the revocation of Structure Plans.
Rowe Group has reviewed the proposed changes and is preparing a submission to the State Government. If you would like to discuss the proposed changes and how they might affect your property or development, please contact our Planning Team on 9221 1991.