■ GALLERIA SHOPPING CENTRE
Client: Vicinity Centres and Perron Group
Size of Development: 260,000 m2 of commercial, retail, hotel and residential floor space
Cost of Development: Approximately $350 million
Vicinity Centres and Perron Group appointted Rowe Group to assist in acquiring the Development Approval for the major expansion of the Morley Galleria Shopping Centre. The proposed major expansion will see the Centre become one of the largest in the State.
Morley Galleria Shopping Centre is a 73,300m2 strategic metropolitan centre, approximately 7.5km north-east of Perth. Rowe Group was engaged to manage the preparation and lodgement of the Development Application for the staged expansion of the Centre with the City of Bayswater. The expansion included the following key elements:
- A ‘Primary Development’ expansion to approximately 179,000m2 and an ‘Ultimate Development’ expansion to approximately 260,000m2;
- Introduction of a town square, with buildings lining Bishop Street and Russell Street;
- A plaza to Russell Street adjoining the Morley Bus Station;
- Upgrades to the existing bus station to allow for a greater capacity of bus services;
- Three storeys of various retail and specialist stores;
- A new food court and cinema complex;
- A six storey office tower above a two storey car park;
- A six storey serviced apartment/hotel tower above a three storey car park;
- Upgrades to road intersections adjoining the development site;
- Relocation of the Water Corporation drainage basis; and
- New landscape features across the site.
Rowe Group’s expertise in planning for activity centres, negotiation capabilities and relationship with the City of Bayswater, Department of Planning and Water Corporation resulted in the development approval being issued for the stage expansion of the Centre – the result of which met the needs for all stakeholders involved.
Development Approval was issued in September 2016.
Render Images produced by Vicinity Centres